HI DARLINGS! I am so excited about launching SEW IT! Academy and since I have received so many questions I thought I would post some answers to those questions below. Make sure you are signed up for the newsletter which will have a bit more info and will also include you in the MOTHER’S DAY SEWING MACHINE GIVEAWAY!!!!!
GIVEAWAY ENTRY: If you are already signed up for the newsletter then you are all set and are automatically entered in the giveaway. If you are not signed up make sure to sign up at the end of this post. I will announce the winner on MAY 9TH! Watch the video below and tell your fiends!! Starting this journey with someone else will make this experience even greater and will help you stay accountable.
ABOUT SEW IT! Academy
The SEW IT! Academy is a membership site that will host a series of courses designed to help you learn to sew and then take your sewing to the next level. After registering, you’ll have access to the first course in the Academy and every month you will have a new course and other monthly benefits. These courses are designed and taught by Mimi G.
HOW SEW IT ACADEMY WILL WORK
- SEW IT! Academy is a membership site that hosts a series of courses designed to help you learn to sew and then take your sewing to the next level.
- Registration for the SEW IT! Academy will open on Monday, May 9th, and close on Monday, May 16th. Registration will not open again until June 1st. Be sure to mark your calendar.
- After registration, you will have access to the first course and every month there will be a new course(s) added that will be a continuation of the previous class. This will help to make learning easier while learning new skills with every new course.
- The courses will be pre-recorded so you can start and finish each course at your own pace.
- Every month a new course is made available to you. Once a course lesson is made available you will have unlimited access to it as long as you are a member of the SEW IT! Academy.
- You will have the ability to contact and connect with me and my staff to ensure that you maximize each lesson.
- There will be a members-only Academy Facebook group where you can connect with other members for support, encouragement and accountability.
- The SEW IT! Academy will also host monthly live chats, online events, giveaways and live mini-lessons for members only.
WHAT IS THE COURSE ROLL OUT? WILL THE REGISTRATION LINK BE EMAILED?
When registration opens on May 9th, the current course below will be available. Registration links will be emailed so sign up for the newsletter below so you don’t miss a thing and also receive a special launch date rate!
LAUNCH DATE COURSE!
Learn to Sew: A Step-By-Step Course on the Basics of Sewing!
- Intro: Introduction to the class and what to expect.
- This Is a Sewing Machine: I will cover my sewing machine recommendations including my number one choice for beginners. I will do a complete review of all sewing machine parts staring with pulling it out of the box and going through all the functions, buttons and accessories that come with your machine. You will learn what all of those buttons do before we even get started.
- -Printable list provided
- Setting Up Your Sewing Kit: I will go through all the necessary supplies you will need to create you starter sewing kit. I will share my favorite tools and what they are used for.
- -Printable list provided
- Learning To Sew a Straight Line: The first thing to master is how to control your speed and foot pedal pressure. I will help you get use to the pressure of the sewing machine foot pedal, how to control your speed and how to practice sewing in a straight line before threading your machine using my printable paper guides. I will share my tricks to sewing in a straight line and how to stay focused on your guide.
- -Printable practice sheets provided
- Threading Your Machine: Most issues arise from incorrect threading of the machine or bobbin so I am going to walk you through the threading parts of the machine you need to become familiar with, how to read the guides on the machine and will walk you through threading the machine.
- Winding And Threading Your Bobbin : I will walk you through winding the bobbin, how to engage it, thread it and insert it.
- Basic Stitches And Terms: I will cover all the basic stitches we will be starting with and what the basic terms mean.
- Sewing Project 1 and 2: We will be completing TWO full projects during this course. In these projects you will learn new terms along with creating casings, inserting ribbon, finishing seams, placing fabric on the machine, understanding seam allowances, attaching and fusing appliqués, pinning, marking fabrics, basting, gathering, folding seams and pressing and attaching a zipper.
- -Printable supplies list provided
All these skills will get you prepared for the next course in the SEW IT! Academy “Intro to Garment Sewing PART 1: An Intro to Sewing Your Own Clothes”
- Garment Sewing Part 2: Garment Sewing Continuation/ Skill Building /Pattern Understanding
- Garment Sewing Part 3: Garment Sewing Continuation/ Skill Building /Pattern Fitting
- Garment Sewing: Step-By-Step Course on Sewing with Knits
- Draft Your Own Basic Top Pattern: Part 1
- Draft Your Own Basic Top Pattern: Part 2 Creating Multiple Styles with One Pattern
There will be new courses every month!WHAT MAKES SEW IT! ACADEMY SPECIAL?
- The Instructor(s):I have been teaching sewing for over 10 years and one thing I know for sure is that no one can show you how to sew like I can. I have spent the last 4 years teaching online by way of my “one project” tutorials and what I have learned is that step-by-step instruction via video makes learning fun and engaging. I also plan to add handpicked instructors to add to the knowledge base.
- The SEW IT! Academy Forum: The SEW IT! Academy forum is for members only and will be in a private Facebook group. It will provide an private place for members to share, ask questions, receive encouragement, and hold each other accountable.
- The Live Events: The SEW IT! Academy will host monthly live online chats with me and SEW IT! Academy Instructors. During these “Ask the Sew-lebrity” events you will have the opportunity to watch, learn, interact and ask questions! We will also have mini live classes and fun monthly giveaways.
- The Why:I began Mimi G Style, Inc. to share my expertise to everyone I possibly could reach. I felt that the art of sewing was not being taught in a way that was making a real difference and engaging people to try something they never thought to do. I launched SEW IT! Academy because I want to help women feel empowered by learning a new skill and possibly turn that new skill into a small business.
HOW MUCH WILL SEW IT! ACADEMY COST?
The SEW IT! Academy will cost a monthly fee of $11.97 (SPECIAL LOWER LAUNCH DATE RATE IF YOU SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER BELOW) The Academy will close registration on Monday May 16th and will open back up on June 1st. At SEW IT! you will never pay for more than you need…Instead, you will always receive more than what you are paying for.
**Your special launch date rate will not change for the life of your membership so make sure to sign up between May 9th and May 16th.**
The SEW IT! Academy is an ongoing continuing education lifestyle. You can maintain your membership for as long as you like. New courses will be introduced EVERY month along with monthly giveaways, FB group exclusives, Live Chats and more.
CAN I SIGN UP AT ANY TIME?
Yes however registration will open on Monday, May 9th, and close on Monday, May 16th. Registration won’t open up again until June 1st at a higher monthly rate of $11.97 (you can cancel your membership at any time)
WILL THERE BE ADVANCED COURSES OFFERED?
The SEW IT! Academy is an ongoing education with a skill building curriculum. We will begin at the very beginning and increase in skill level with each course. There will be intermediate, advanced and special project courses offered as we progress.
CAN I PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP AS A GIFT FOR A FRIEND?
You can certainly give SEW IT! Academy memberships as a gift! Register the name and email of the person you want to give the gift of membership to on May 9th, but provide your payment info when you buy the membership.
SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER!! and MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR MAY 9TH!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS! Sign up for our newsletter below. I promise not to ever spam your inbox. xoxo
I’M READY TO “SEW IT!”