HI DARLINGS! You guys know I am notorious for modifying a pattern so why wouldn’t I do that with my own SIMPLICITY PATTERNS? lol! I took MY #8221 PATTERN and modified it to create a dress similar to one I got from Zara. That is one of the beauties about sewing, you can see something and make it! I got this awesome Ikat fabric from Michael Levine.
I did some modifications to my pattern which I listed below…
- Created side seam pockets
- Extended the front button extension by 1/2″ so it would be wider.
- Created long sleeves with a cuff and placket (I used a Simplicity shirt pattern for the sleeves)
- I added a curved side hem
- I drafted big front pockets with flaps
STYLED IT: Celine Sunnies, H&M Rope Necklace, Marshalls Shoes