Hi Darlings! Happy Wednesday… Today I thought I would share my recent DIY Faux Wrap Dress made from BURDA 6829 pattern and this cool SHIBORI PRINT bamboo knit fabric that I picked up at ML but any 4 way stretch knit fabric will work for this. This is a faux wrap look and I love it so much because it is flattering on so many body shapes.I like the gathering at the tummy area 😉
I posted a rating card and review for this pattern at the end of this post with and few things you need to keep in mind when making this. I will see you darlings tomorrow! xoxo I wore my DIY dress with my red Zara pumps (old) and my Forever 21 Necklace.
This was a really great pattern and it was fast! It only has a small section of gathering so I was able to cut and sew this in just over 2 hours. A few things to keep in mind…
- The pattern calls for a 4way stretch and has no zipper so make sure you use the right fabric.
- Make sure you use a jersey ball point needle to sew this and a polyester thread (works better with knits)
- I omitted the facings because I don’t like using them with knits. I did a double fold along the neckline instead.
- I had to remove a considerable amount of ease (3″ total) even after cutting out one size smaller than my usual size. Not very hard since I stitched my sleeves in using the flat method so I could sew one continuous seam and make easy fit adjustments to my sides if needed….and it was needed.
- It may seem like a lot but actually the few modifications I did were not unusual and are fast adjustments to make as you are sewing.