The 3rd Annual Mimi G Sewing, Fashion & Style 2014 is the must attend event of the year. This will be an AMAZING event filled with seminars, video demos, live demos, special speakers, a private fabric shopping trip. NEW!!!! Mimi G teaches on the business of blogging, starting a creative business, pricing yourself and how to turn your idea into a business. YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS IT!
Aside from the great lessons, video demos, live demos, special speaker, fabric lessons and shopping trip you will be in a room with women who have the same passion and desire to learn. You will make new friends and gain so much from this two day event.
JULY 19TH DAY 1
**Please note that ALL video demos shown during the conference will be made available to all attendees for future access and reference as part of your ticket**
Fundamentals Of Sewing: We will be covering a lot of info in a short period of time. The first portion of the morning will be focused on the fundamentals of both basics and intermediate sewing techniques There will be several video demos for you guys to reference back to after the conference.
- Under-stitching, Stay-stitching, Topstitching, Basting stitches
- Sewing curves, clipping corners, trimming seams allowances
- Interfacing types and uses, seam allowances reinforcing seams and shoulders
- facings vs, binding, creating facings, using binding as a finishing technique.
- (video demos)
- How to set in sleeves, insert flat sleeves, gathering, easing and clipping sleeves.
- Zippers: Types, how to install, using them as a decorative element including fly fronts for pants
- Covered buttons, bound buttonholes, regular buttonholes
- Seam finishes: Hong Kong, Flat Fell, Serged, Rolled etc.
- (video demos)
- Pattern Understanding, cutting, sizing and more.
- Common Fitting issues & adjustments
- PLUS SIZE adjustments to commercial patterns (what to do when they don’t have your size)
- Bodice fitting including full bust adjustments and small bust adjustments
- Dress-forms vs. Self Fitting
- Creating muslins for your designs
- Draping vs. Flat Pattern Drafting
- Draping and adjusting a bodice block (live and video demo)
- Drafting a sleeve (live and video demo)
- Franken-patterning: How to combine patterns and make them fit
- How to use patterns as sloper for ideas you want to bring to life
- How to identify it
- How to purchase it online
- How to learn content
- What to avoid if new to sewing
- How to pair it with what is in your head
JULY 20th DAY 2
9:00am – 4:00pm
- How to start & what to avoid!
- Growing your audience
- Creating interest and return visitors
- When to expand and monetize
- How to turn your idea, passion or dream into a profit
- Learn if your idea is feasible or if you need to adjust your plan (get feedback and useful information)
- Learning the basics of rankings, labeling your images, getting indexed and more
- The 1,2,3′s of setting up a a creative business
- How to price yourself and ask for what you are worth
- Working with clients
- The financial aspect of your business, setting up, paying yourself and more
- Websites, logos, branding, marketing….why, when and how!
- Sample business models, why they work and how to learn from them
- Open floor discussion on idea sharing and creating.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery gallery_type=”thumbnails” theme_id=”1″ gallery_id=”5″ sort_by=”order” order_by=”asc” show_search_box=”0″ search_box_width=”180″ image_column_number=”5″ images_per_page=”28″ image_title=”none” image_enable_page=”1″ thumb_width=”180″ thumb_height=”90″ thumb_click_action=”undefined” thumb_link_target=”undefined” popup_fullscreen=”0″ popup_autoplay=”0″ popup_width=”800″ popup_height=”500″ popup_effect=”fade” popup_interval=”5″ popup_enable_filmstrip=”1″ popup_filmstrip_height=”70″ popup_enable_ctrl_btn=”1″ popup_enable_fullscreen=”1″ popup_enable_info=”1″ popup_info_always_show=”0″ popup_enable_rate=”0″ popup_enable_comment=”1″ popup_hit_counter=”0″ popup_enable_facebook=”1″ popup_enable_twitter=”1″ popup_enable_google=”1″ popup_enable_pinterest=”0″ popup_enable_tumblr=”0″ watermark_type=”none” watermark_link=”http://web-dorado.com”]